Key Stage 5
What can students do to develop their skills in this subject area?
- Use the internet to research topic areas especially sport in society and technology in sport.
- Visit sports museums to recognise how sports have developed over time.
- Watching live games to develop knowledge of game play as well as rules and regulations.
- Watch the news and follow political issues related to sport and International events.
- Keep up to date with sporting performances and sports people to ensure that knowledge is up to date; this will allow the comparison between their own performance and elite performance to be easier (coursework).
- Compete at the highest standard possible and record performances so that these can be analysed.
- Get involved in community sport in a performance/leadership/coaching/officiating capacity.
- Use sites on the internet to observe different fitness testing procedures.
What websites could students visit to support the curriculum?
How can parents/carers help and what can be done at home?
- Visit sports museums with your son or daughter.
- Go to the theatre to watch shows (dance).
- Encourage your son or daughter to attend extra-curricular activities to both perform and support others.
- Encourage your son or daughter to attend community sports clubs.
- Encourage your son or daughter to represent district/ county/ national competitions and teams.
- Encourage your son or daughter to complete further reading in the topic areas covered using the internet.
- Encourage your son or daughter to read sports pages of local and national newspapers.
- Encourage your son or daughter to watch sport on television especially international events such as the Olympics.
Tollbar MAT Sixth Form College PrincipalCaroline L Yates BA (Hons).
Tollbar MAT Chief ExecutiveDavid J Hampson
OBE, BSc, BA.