Sixth Form Guide
Tollbar MAT Sixth Form College offers a rigorous academic education. Our aim is to produce well-rounded, highly-educated students, who wish to advance to the top universities in this country and overseas. We will provide an education that will enable you to progress to a wide range of traditional, academic degree courses.
Our highly-experienced teaching staff and outstanding facilities allow us to give you a wider choice and enable you to choose the best path for your individual talents and abilities, as well as your future requirements.
Our examination results are outstanding, highlighting the commitment and dedication of our students and staff. This success is reflected in excellent university placements and students securing apprenticeship positions with highly reputable local and national companies.
All students will receive extensive support regarding careers advice and university applications.
Facilities For Learning
Our totally independent campus has facilities for learning that are outstanding:
- Well-resourced classrooms and the recent addition of the Epsilon building which features ten modern teaching classrooms;
- Computer access in many of our teaching rooms, as well as designated ICT rooms;
- Recently renovated areas specifically for Media Studies, offering the very latest technology;
- The Library is available all day to complete private study, equipped with 30 computers;
- Private study areas have full computer access;
- A spacious Common Room and two private study areas;
- Our fully-equipped Science laboratories have data-logging facilities;
- A state-of-the-art Music suite incorporating a sound-proof recording studio and industrial standard hardware and software;
- Two outstanding Divace Language Laboratories;
- Free Wi-Fi for all Sixth Form students throughout the campus.
Tollbar MAT Sixth Form College PrincipalCaroline L Yates BA (Hons).
Tollbar MAT Chief ExecutiveDavid J Hampson
OBE, BSc, BA.