Students in Tollbar MAT Sixth Form College are required to take part in the College Enrichment Programme. This offers students the opportunity to become involved in a number of Extra-Curricular activities or generate their own work experience during Wednesday afternoons.
Participating in the Enrichment Programme can assist students when applying to Higher Education establishments and employers, as this involvement can introduce new skills or refine existing skills; it is also a good way to meet students who may be on different A Level courses and have fun.
Enrichment Activities running this year are:
- Young Leaders' Club (run through the RFU);
- MFL Club;
- Reading and Literature Club;
- Creative Writing Club;
- Reynolds' Boys Champions;
- SL Studio 12;
- Football training;
- Gym Club;
- Photography Club;
- Instrumental lessons;
- Fine Art/Sculpture.
Additionally, students have the opportunity to organise their own 'Self-Generating Option' where they can arrange work experience placements on Wednesday afternoons. Many students have also used their free time to become involved in volunteer work so that they offer their services to the local community.
Students have previously organised placements/volunteered at:
- Local primary schools;
- Nurseries and pre-schools;
- Nursing and residential homes;
- Volunteering for charities and support groups - such as Oxfam, the British Heart Foundation, St. Andrew's Hospice, The Samaritans;
- Work shadowing in administrative roles/accounts departments;
- Air Cadet/Army Cadets;
- Involved in volunteer work at Rainbows/Brownies/Scouts;
- Veterinary Surgeries;
- Grimsby Hospital - volunteering and work shadowing in various departments;
- Physiotherapy Surgeries;
- Riding Schools;
- Involved in Young Reporting for various newspaper publications;
- Coaching younger students in various sporting activities;
- Involved in voluntary work for mental health charities;
- Involved in voluntary work with charities focusing on disabled adults and children;
- Volunteering for Park Run as marshals;
- Taking Duke of Edinburgh Awards independently;
- Involved in NCS.
Tollbar MAT Sixth Form College PrincipalCaroline L Yates BA (Hons).
Tollbar MAT Chief ExecutiveDavid J Hampson
OBE, BSc, BA.