Letter to Parents - Mobile Data - 13 January 2021
Ref: CLY/AKW 13 January 2021
The latest national lockdown will put increased pressure on families and we are committed to supporting our community during this difficult time. We are able to request mobile data increases for students who:
- Do not have fixed broadband at home;
- Cannot afford additional data for their devices;
- Are experiencing disruption to their face-to-face education.
Students with access to a mobile phone on any of the following networks may be able to benefit:
- Virgin Mobile (offer not on Pay-as-you-go);
- Tesco mobile (offer not on Pay-as-you-go);
- Sky Mobile (offer not on Pay-as-you-go).
A privacy statement relating to the sharing of this data can be read at: get-help-with-tech.education.gov.uk/guide-to-collecting-mobile-information/privacy/.
If you wish to request a mobile data increase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your child's name, the name of the mobile phone account holder, the mobile phone number, your mobile network and whether you pay monthly or Pay-as-you-go?
Some networks have limits on the number of data increases they will offer.
Mrs C L Yates